Tuesday 24 January 2012

Inquiry Project Proposal



Over the course of this term, I will be working hard to increase my own comfort level with Web 2.0 tools, so that I can incorporate their use safely and effectively into my classroom practice.  

Web 2.0 Tools
Although this list will likely change over the course of this project, as learning is a fluid process, here is an initial list of Web 2.0 tools that I would like to explore.
  • Wikis
  • Online discussion forums
  • Voicethread
  • Podcasts (listening)
  • Podcasts (creating)
  • Prezi
  • Museum Boxes
  •  Socrative Survey Tool (on ipods) 

Rationale
I would consider myself an “intermediate” teach user.  I am always up for trying something new in my classroom, but I have concerns about online security and digital citizenship.  I have had mixed results with my use of technology in the classroom, and still have found that my most effective teaching takes place in low tech settings.  My goal for this project, then, is to find technological tools that lead to effective use of student time and rich, authentic learning experiences in a secure, engaging setting.  Students are excited and engaged by technology, but I want their use of Web 2.0 tools to be purposeful and meaningful, and not just technology for technology’s sake.  My hope is that the tools that I have chosen will engage students in meaningful, interactive, and collaborative processes of constructing, refining, and demonstrating understanding.

Goals
My goals for this project are linked to my use of technology in the classroom. 
·         I want to increase my own skill and comfort level with Web 2.0 tools, so that I can more effectively integrate their use into my classroom.
·         I want to investigate classroom applications for Web 2.0 tools that lead to rich, meaningful, and curricularly linked learning.
·         I want to explore ways to teach my students to be active participants in the Web 2.0 world, while staying safe, responsible, and respectful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment