Monday 5 March 2012

Prezi Beginnings

My blogging project has slowed down a bit lately, because I have been quite sick.  But now that I am back at work (and when I say work, I mean shivering on an "information leaflet line," holding a sodden sign), I am getting back on track.  I spent some time tonight exploring Prezi.  I signed up for a free account, watched a tutorial, looked at a few examples, and then started playing.  My first attempt is very basic, but I figured out the basics.  From here, I will be gaining some proficiency, and exploring educational connections.  It was actually pretty easy and fun to make!  The trouble I see (once again) with using this tool in the classroom, is that each account needs an email address, and that work is publicly displayed, and that school accounts are prohibitively expensive.   So we will see what the educational applications may be.  Warning: my first prezi is about my very cute dog, Lacey.

No comments:

Post a Comment