Thursday 16 February 2012

Twitter: First Thoughts

I have just started using Twitter, and so am just beginning to understand its uses and possibilities.  I follow several CBC personalities, Ted Talks, and my sister.  I receive news updates from CBC, which I find very useful.  I am also enjoying a few # hashtags: #sd33 (my school district), and #edchat (an international community of educators).  Both of these clusters of tweeters (I'm sure those are not the proper terms) contain some tweets that I just skim over, and some that I explore further.  I think that Twitter has some interesting applications for professional development, collaboration, and communication.  I find it a bit odd, though, that I have a follower: someone I've never heard of.  I've never tweeted, so I'm not sure what she gets out of following me...  More thoughts on Twitter as I explore it further.  It wasn't on my Inquiry Proposal, but I am going to add it as one of my Web 2.0 Tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment